Monday, February 19, 2007

Four decades of Hondas


After making the purchase of our minivan, I got to thinking about the Hondas I have owned in the past. When I lived in Dallas, TX in the mid eighties I owned a 1976 Honda Civic like the one in the picture. The only difference is that mine was canary yellow. I moved from Dallas to West Virginia and back in that car. I stuffed all I could into the car and put the rest in a large wooden box that I tied on top. It was a great little car and its demise is one of the reasons that I am in the Army. But that's another story. When I met my wife she had just purchased used a 1998 Honda Civic. This is a much nicer car than the one I drove those years ago. When I took a position in DC I decided I didn't want to drive my big red truck in that traffic, so I looked for an economical commuter car. I found what I wanted in a 1985 Honda Accord coupe. It was a one owner vehicle and it has been great. So, I have owned Hondas from the 70s, 80s, 90s and now the 00s. I also own a Honda outboard for my boat and a Honda powered pressure washer. I guess I just like the products. We will be getting rid of the Accord and I will be driving the 98 Civic. There just isn't room enough in the driveway and our house looks like a used car lot at times. I have also owned two 1975 VW buses, but that is a story for another day.

4 comments:

Billy said...

My family had a 76 civic like the one in the picture when I was growing up. We have always liked Hondas as well.

Billy said...

My parents drive an Acura, now that they don't have to pay for me and my sister. :-)

Karen said...

Rob certainly loves his Accord! Too bad we can't buy yours from you for the kids. :( You can post pictures of the VW's! That would be great.

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

If cars could talk...