Friday, March 09, 2007

Fishing Friday



This picture of my son Tom and my nephew JR was taken seven or so years ago on our family's farm in Kentucky. There is a similar picture floating around somewhere of myself and my cousin Jim that was taken when we were about the same age. When I find that picture I will post it. These fish were caught at a pay lake in Bowling Green where we spent an afternoon. The farm where this picture was taken belonged to my Granny and Papaw. My Granny fixes the best catfish dinner and that is where these fellows ended up. My Papaw is the one who taught me how to fish and encouraged my love of the outdoors. I have many wonderful memories of the farm and surrounding area. It is still to cold to fish where I am now, so I am reminiscing about past fishing glories and other fond memories.

4 comments:

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Awww... you made me think of Papaw. I sure do miss him! and I miss Granny's fish fry(s)!

What's with the crown on JR's head?

Karen said...

Sometimes I wish we could go back to a summer on the farm! How much fun we had. sigh. Thanks for the memories. The kids sure have grown up!

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

OK-- it's been TWO MONTHS since you posted anything. at least give us a new picture!!!

Karen said...

There is NOTHING going on in your life right now that is blogworthy?? NOTHING??? hmmmm