Sunday, November 04, 2007

Twenty Years

Today is the last day of my twentieth year of service in the U.S. Army. I entered service on November 5, 1987 at Fort Dix, New Jersey. As well as New Jersey, I have been stationed in Texas, California (twice), Massachusetts, Arizona, Colorado, Virginia (twice), Maryland as well as Germany and Bosnia. I have had great assignments and some that were not much fun. I have many stories to tell and perhaps I can begin to put pen to paper or finger to keyboard as it is. I did not necessarily plan to make it a career, but I love being a soldier and I love being around soldiers. It has been an honor to serve our great country and I am but one of a long line of great Americans of every background and station in this, the best country on the earth, to serve with pride. Some day soon, I will put up the spurs and take off the boots and begin another career. But for the time being I will continue to go to work along side some of the best people I have ever known. Thank you for indulging me this moment of reflection, I just wanted to share a personal milestone with you all.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations and thank you for your service to insure our freedom!

May God Bless and direct your steps int he future!

Remember there is always Norwalk.

PR - Mama Lilly's Man

Rachel said...

Wow! 20 years! I don't even remember when you left...you had been gone so much before that.
Thank you for your service and protection. It is greatly appreciated. :) We love you and are really looking forward to KY!!

Karen said...

I'm so proud of you! You are quite an inspiration to many of us, especially JR. I know it hasn't always been easy, but thanks for being so faithful. Congratulations on 20 years!

LOVE YOU

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Twenty years! That is awesome! I'm so proud of you. You have been faithful!!

"Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, But who can find a faithful man?" Prov. 20:6

Thank you for your service to us.

Billy said...

Congratulations and THANK YOU! You and your service are truly part of what makes this the greatest nation on the earth.