Friday, September 22, 2006

Fishing Friday


I am going to call this Fishing Friday. I don't know if I'll post something on fishing every Friday, but I will today. I caught this little dude earlier this week on one of my days off. Not a great big one, but he put up a good fight on my ultra-light rod. I have also included a poem I had to write for a creative writing class I am taking.

The Brook Trout

Slipping closer to the edge
the boy spies the small trout.
Back and forth, back and
forth they glide silently feeding;
perfect predators in their environment.

The boy observes intently.
Edging back from his perch,
he searches for the right imitation.
He ties the fly on the end of his leader
and asks himself.
Is this the right one?

Slowly, the boy eases back
to the lip of the rock
and gently daps his
imitation on the
surface of the stream.

One colorful little native
noiselessly slides below the fly
and gently sips.
The boy guessed correctly.
The predator becomes the prey.

6 comments:

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Did you get an "A"? that was a good poem. I'm not too good at writing them.

I think Fishing Friday is a good thing. It'll give you a day to post all your exploits!

love you

ShaggaBear (Linda) said...

Yeah!!!! the time tag is right!

Karen said...

Who took the picture? was Sam with you? Like the poem too.

Rachel said...

Wow, you're a great writer. I like Fishing Friday. All the girls have cute little titles you should have one too! love you.

Karen said...

you gotta check this out!
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/outdoors/bal-te.sp.piranha27sep27,0,1662887.story

I don't have all the answers, just the right ones. said...

Yes, Shagga, I received a 98 out of 100 for the brook trout.